Our Aims & Objectives
The aims and objectives of the AJI are set out in Part B of the Constitution of the Association of Judges of Ireland. They are:
- To maintain and promote the highest standards in the administration of justice.
- To promote the interests of its members in their professional capacity.
- To promote the independence of the judiciary.
- To promote the highest standards of judicial conduct amongst its members.
- To promote the general interests of its members, including those interests arising upon retirement from the Bench.
- To promote the exchange of ideas on the administration of justice.
- To further the cultural intellectual and legal proficiency of its members.
- To promote and maintain contacts with judges and magistrates abroad, with national and international associations and in particular national and international associations of judges.
- To represent its members in any forum where that is necessary.
- To own and manage the website of the Association, subject to and in accordance with any protocol in that regard adopted by the Association.